Gewurztraminer Baked Halibut with Artichokes & Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Gewurztraminer
- 4 fresh halibut fillets
- garlic powder, salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Recipe & image courtesy of Home & Plate.
1. Salt & pepper the halibut fillets; sprinkle with garlic powder.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter, add the olive oil and bring to medium heat. Saute the fillets for about 3 minutes on each side until just starting to caramelize. Remove the fish from the skillet to a baking dish.
3. Add the artichokes, wine, lemon juice and broth to the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Bake the fish for 15-20 minutes at 350F until the fish is flaky and cooked through. Serve over angel hair pasta.