Home Sweet Home Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup Home Sweet Home
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup cold water and stir to combine.
2. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has turned into a deep amber hue, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, warm the cream in a small saucepan. When the caramel is ready, slowly whisk in the warm cream and continue simmering until the mixture is smooth (another 2-3 minutes)
4. Remove from heat, then whisk in the butter and Home Sweet Home wine, then salt to taste.
5. Let the caramel sauce cool slightly and serve warm