Home Sweet Home Salted Caramel Sauce
October 15, 2020
Made with our Home Sweet Home apple pie infused wine, this salted caramel sauce goes perfect with warm apple crisp or your favorite pancake breakfast. Cozy up this holiday season with the perfect dessert sauce to fill your home with the warm aromas of sweet fall and time spent with family. To order Home Sweet Home, click our Wines section or go to adkwinery.com/hsh
- 1/2 cup Home Sweet Home
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt, or to taste
1. In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine the sugar with 1/4 cup cold water and stir to combine.
2. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has turned into a deep amber hue, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, warm the cream in a small saucepan. When the caramel is ready, slowly whisk in the warm cream and continue simmering until the mixture is smooth (another 2-3 minutes)
4. Remove from heat, then whisk in the butter and Home Sweet Home wine, then salt to taste.
5. Let the caramel sauce cool slightly and serve warm