Blackberry Walnut Pinwheels
December 4, 2016
Festive pinwheel cookies made with Amethyst Sunset jelly from Suprenant's Berry Farm!
- 1/2 cup Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- Amethyst Sunset Wine Jelly
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Whisk flour and baking powder in another bowl. Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch square between two sheets of waxed paper. Trim edges and continue to roll until square is approximately 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove wax paper. Spread Amethyst Sunset Jelly across flattened dough. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic. Leave a little extra room at the end and pinch dough closed.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet (about 2 inches apart).
- Bake 9-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on wire rack and enjoy!
Tip: Make the roll ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator or freezer until it's time to bake!
Recipe adapted from tasteofhome.com
This wine will be available exclusively to Club Members starting April 10. All customers starting April 17.
I'm sorry, we are currently Out of Stock on this item. Please inquire further if you would like to know if and when this item would be back in stock.
Currently out of Stock. Inquire about Return.