Cabernet Franc Drunken Spaghetti
- 1 lb Spaghetti
- 2 cups Cabernet Franc
- 4 tbsps Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch, Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Cheese, freshly grated
- 3 Dried Chili Peppers, crushed (optional)
- 3 Anchovy Fillets, chopped (optional)
*Recipe and image courtesy of Cooking Channel TV adapted from David Rocco's Drunken Spaghetti recipe.
Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Add the spaghetti and cook for 6 to 7 minutes, pasta should still be a little firm in the middle (just before the pasta is al dente).
In a saucepan, heat the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the garlic, anchovy fillets and chili peppers, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spaghetti to the pan, and toss well. Pour in the Cabernet Franc, and cook until it has reduced and the spaghetti has finished cooking. Add freshly chopped parsley and grated pecorino cheese to pasta, and toss well.
Remove the pasta from heat, transfer to a warm bowl and serve immediately.