Garlic Mushrooms with Red Wine Sauce
December 10, 2014
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup Red wine
- 16 ozs Mushrooms
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 2 tbsps Chopped parsley
We recommend using Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, or Baco Noir.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted and begins to bubble, add in garlic, stirring frequently until it turns golden. About 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in red wine and return mixture to a simmer.
- Add in mushrooms and toss to coat with sauce. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, season with salt and pepper, and continue cooking on medium-low heat for an additional 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through and the bottoms are golden.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.
*Recipe adapted from YummiRecipes.blogspot.com recipe for Garlic Mushrooms Coated with Red Wine Sauce.