July 24, 2019
- 12 cups Cubed Watermelon (med sized watermelon)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Bottle of Mellow Blush
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Tequila (optional)
- Cut watermelon into cubes.
- Set 6 cups aside for the simple syrups and 6 cups aside for the watermelon juice.
FOR SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Combine 6 cups of watermelon and 1 cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Use a potato masher or another utensil to mash the watermelon and sugar together, pushing out the liquid and dissolving the sugar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl or jar, pressing the watermelon to extract all the liquid.
- Set aside to cool completely. Makes just over 1 cup of simple syrup.
FOR WATERMELON JUICE:
- Combine the other 6 cups of watermelon and wine in a blender.
- Blend until smooth, pour through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl or jar.
- The tequila, 1.5 cups of the watermelon juice, lime juice, and 1/4 simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds, and pour into glasses rimmed with lime juice and coarse salt.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.