Pinot Gris Chicken Francese
February 21, 2019
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Adirondack Winery Pinot Gris
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 tbsps butter
- fresh chopped parsley (for garnish)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice or pound chicken until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add olive oil to frying pan and heat on medium.
- Dip chicken in flour then egg then add to hot pan.
- Flip chicken until cooked thoroughly on both sides (internal temperature of at least 165 degrees).
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Add Adirondack Winery Pinot Gris to same pan used to cook the chicken.
- Add butter, chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Stir frequently and allow to simmer before turning down the heat. Sauce should thicken. About 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breast over bed of sauteed spinach or green beans.
- Drizzle sauce on chicken until the entire chicken breast is covered.
- Bon appetit!