Semi-Dry Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham
December 9, 2014
- 1 Fully cooked smoked, bone-in half ham (6-8lbs)
- 1 cup Adirondack Winery Semi-Dry Riesling
- 2 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 18 ozs Jar of peach preserves
- 1/2 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Stone-ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the ham on the rack in the roasting pan.
- Place an ovenproof meat thermometer in the ham so the tip is in the center of the thickest part of the meat and does not touch the bone.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, heat the wine, thyme, and shallot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the wine is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Remove from the heat and discard the thyme sprigs.
- Stir in the peach preserves, mustard and brown sugar.
- Brush half of the glaze mixture over the ham.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting with the remaining mixture every 30 minutes.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes or until the thermometer reads at least 140 degrees.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Slice & serve
*Recipe adapted from RealHousemoms.com recipe for Riesling-Peach Glazed Ham.