Smores By The Fireside With Some Reserve
May 18, 2020
Sipping a nice glass of Fireside Reserve with these is the perfect “I am an adult, I just eat like a kid moment”
- 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- Line a 9 X 9 or 8 X 8 pan with plastic wrap and lightly oil it using your fingers or non-stock cooking spray.
- Set Aside In the bowl of an electric mixer, sprinkle gelatin over ½ cup cold water.
- Soak for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, corn syrup and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan, whisking only until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a rapid boil. As soon as it is boiling, set the timer and allow to boil hard for 1 minute without stirring. Stirring will cause the sugar to crystalize and give you crunchy marshmallows. Make some smores over the fire and drink some Fireside Reserve with it!