Soaring Strawberry Fruit Tart
July 28, 2016
Soaring Strawberry infused Crust, Soaring Strawberry infused berries, & a tart lemon Mascarpone filling.
- 8 tbsps Soaring Strawberry
- 1/2 lb Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 lb Mixed Berries (blackberries & raspberries)
- 1/2 cup Fruit Jam
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Shortening, chilled
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ozs Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Lemon Curd
*Recipe courtesy of Jennalee Lukacs
- Tart Crust: Whisk flour & salt in medium bowl. With pastry blender or finger tips cut in cold shortening until mixture resembles course crumbs. Drizzle 3 tbsp iced soaring strawberry over flour. Toss mixture with fork until dough comes together. Chill dough for 30 min. before rolling. Once chilled, roll & press into tart pan. Bake at 375 for 12-15 min or until golden brown. Allow crust to chill completely before adding filling.
- Lemon Mascarpone Filling: Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Beat in mascarpone cheese, mix until creamy. Slowly add lemon curd, then sprinkle in 3 or 4 tbsp Soaring Strawberry.
- Berries & Glaze: Heat 1/2 cup jam over medium low heat until thinned. Mix in 2 tbsp Soaring Strawberry, remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cool, toss in the fresh berries.
- Assemble Tart: Spread mascarpone cream into cooled crust, top with berries & enjoy!