Soaring Strawberry Fruit Tart
July 28, 2016
Soaring Strawberry infused Crust, Soaring Strawberry infused berries, & a tart lemon Mascarpone filling.
- 8 tbsps Soaring Strawberry
- 1/2 lb Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 lb Mixed Berries (blackberries & raspberries)
- 1/2 cup Fruit Jam
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Shortening, chilled
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 ozs Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup Lemon Curd
*Recipe courtesy of Jennalee Lukacs
- Tart Crust:
- Whisk flour & salt in a medium bowl.
- With pastry blender or fingertips cut in the cold shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Drizzle 3 tbsp iced soaring strawberry over the flour.
- Toss mixture with a fork until dough comes together.
- Chill dough for 30 min. before rolling. Once chilled, roll & press into the tart pan.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 min or until golden brown.
- Allow crust to chill completely before adding the filling.
- Lemon Mascarpone Filling:
- Whip heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Beat in mascarpone cheese, mix until creamy.
- Slowly add lemon curd, then sprinkle in 3 or 4 tbsp Soaring Strawberry.
- Berries & Glaze:
- Heat 1/2 cup jam over medium low heat until thinned.
- Mix in 2 tbsp Soaring Strawberry, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, toss in the fresh berries.
- Assemble Tart: Spread mascarpone cream into cooled crust, top with berries & enjoy!