Game Day Merlot Meatballs
February 2, 2018
Score some points with your crew this weekend by serving up this sweet and savory merlot-infused meatball recipe!
- 26 oz. bag of bite-sized Italian or Swedish Meatballs
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Adirondack Winery Merlot
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 10 tbsps Unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Water
- Turn on the slow cooker to low heat and add the meatballs so they can begin thawing.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, Adirondack Winery Merlot, garlic, soy sauce, and honey to a saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Then add the cubes of butter to the mixture, stirring constantly to thicken as the butter melts.
- In a small prep dish, stir together the cornstarch and water until the starch dissolves, then stir into sauce.
- Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, then pour sauce over the meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meatballs reach an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees F.
Recipe adapted from Rebecca's "Merlot Meatballs" on sugarandsoul.co.