Goat Cheese Croque Monsieur Roll
June 1, 2017
We first made this recipe for our Wine 101: Wine & Cheese Pairing back in January and haven't stopped thinking about it since!
- 8 ozs Nettle Meadow Cheese Farm's Kunik
- 1 lb Canadian Bacon or Hamsteak (¼ thick)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 lb Pizza Dough
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- Cook ham in butter until warm and slightly browned. Chop into small pieces.
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Mix chopped ham with cheese. Mix in 2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll dough into a rectangle, as large as you can make it without tearing holes. Brush with Dijon mustard. Spread the ham mixture on the surface, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Roll the dough and pinch the edges shut. Place seam-side-down on the baking sheet (Holes in the dough are okay, they’ll close as the bread bakes). Brush the top of the loaf with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Slice when cool. Serve with honey mustard and enjoy!