Pinot Noir BBQ Chicken
May 15, 2020
The raspberry notes of the Pinot Noir are a great compliment to chicken and the buttery-ness of the wine will also round out the warmth within the sauce.
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 minced shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Pinot Noir
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce- seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- 12 mixed chicken drumsticks & thighs
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the mined shallots and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring until softened for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the ketchup, wine, sugar, chipotle sauce and mustard.
- Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and put a baking rack on it.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put on the rack.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until the skin is lightly browned.
- Brush the chicken with some of the sauce and roast for 40 minutes longer, turning and basting every 10 minutes, until nicely glazed and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest piece registers 165°.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.