Simple Winter Sangria
November 21, 2016
This simple winter sangria is sweet and spicy and perfect all year round! Best of all, you can make it white or red!
- 1 bottle Adirondack Winery Wild Red or Pinot Gris
- 1 Apple
- 1 Pear
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon (optional)
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- Lemon Lime Soda
Wild Red & Pinot Gris are two of our favorite wines to use in this recipe.
- Microwave lemon and orange for 20 seconds and roll on counter to loosen juices.
- Puncture skin slightly all over with fingernails to release oils.
- Slice into ¼ inch rounds. Core apple and cut into ¼ inch slices. Place lemon, orange, apple and cinnamon sticks into a pitcher.
- Cut the pear into slices, or if using canned pears, drain most of the syrup out and pour it into a pitcher.
- Pour wine over fruit. Muddle contents of the pitcher with a wooden spoon and mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with soda (to taste) immediately before serving and enjoy!
Want even more great wine cocktails? Check out Wine 101 at the Tasting Room!