Ultimate Adirondack Winery Wine & Cheese Pairing Guide
Adirondack Cheese Company Sharp Cheddar Block and Garlic & Herb Cheese Spread
Wine Infused Jelly
Maple Valley Farm Roasted Mixed nuts
Take it a step further with these popular pairings:
Soft Cheese (feta or goat cheese): we like Nettle Meadow Chevre
- Prospect Mountain White - the fruity peach in our prospect mountain white is a nice foil to a soft tangy goat cheese or feta.
- Dry Riesling - The zesty, fresh, spicy notes of this dry white wine will cleanse your palate nicely after a grassy, rich cheese like feta or goat cheese.
Rich, nutty, cheese (brie, swiss, parmesan): we like Nettle Meadow Kunik
- Barrel Aged Chardonnay - Aging in oak barrels has brought out the rich, buttery notes of this delicious NY Chardonnay which stands up to the rich, nutty intense flavors of a cheese with these same qualities.
- Pinot Noir - Pairing a medium bodied, red that has buttery toasted oak tones with a rich, nutty cheese will enhance the fruit notes in the wine. Our Pinot Noir is the perfect red for this!
Mild melty cheese (mozzarella, Mexican cheeses)
- Syrah - The peppery notes and smooth flavor profile of our Syrah makes this a great red to pair with dishes featuring melty mild cheese (think lasagna, tacos, pizza etc).
Smoked Cheeses (gouda, smoked mozz)
- Gewurztraminer - The sweet aroma of our Gewurztraminer, followed by the tart apricot flavors pair nicely with a young or smoked gouda.
- Cabernet Franc - This well-balanced red is deep and dry with pepper notes, raspberry tones and a touch oak & of spice, making it a versatile wine that pairs well with complex, smoky cheeses.
You can count on these wine & cheese tips too:
- Pair with sweet, fine dessert wines are traditional, but you can't go wrong with Rieslings, or your favorite Adirondack Winery fruit infused wines. These also work nicely with dry reds, but be careful about tannic reds like Cabernets, which sometimes lead to an odd metallic taste with blue cheese
Wine & Cheese Pairing Must-Haves:
Wine & Cheese Pairing Wheel – No more guess work ... spin this wheel to pick the perfect cheese to go with your bottle of Adirondack Winery wine. You'll find a white, red, and dessert/sparkling wine suggestion for everything from Asiago to Taleggio and everything in between. Available online or in-store.
Adirondack Winery Picnic Cooler Bag – You can pick up some chilled wine and cheese at our Lake George Tasting room along with this fully insulated cooler. Nice and roomy with plenty of space for wine, cheese, snacks and more, this picnic bag comes neat and organized with corkscrew, cheese board and a knife! Take a nice lakeside walk and have a relaxing picnic by the water in Lake George Battlefield Park. Don’t forget stemless plastic tumblers for you wine too!