- 4 Apples (we used green, but any kind is fine)
- 2 Bottles of Adk Winery Orchard Blossom (While this is best, any semi-sweet white wine would do)
- 3 tbsps Cinnamon & Sugar mixture
- Peel & Chop apples into approximately 1" cubes
- Bring Orchard Blossom wine to a boil in a sautee pan.
- Put in diced apples.
- Let boil until liquid is almost gone.
- Sprinkle cinnamon & sugar mixture evenly over contents of pan.
- Stir in Cinnamon & Sugar and let apple mixture simmer until liquid is completely gone.
- Turn off pan.
- Mix up in saute pan until mixture looks like chunky applesauce.
- For a smoother consistency, blend in a food processor or blender.
A delightfully sweet carmelized applesauce is the result! I enjoyed the applesauce still warm served over vanilla ice cream, but my husband enjoyed it chilled on its own as a sweet dessert. We think this would also be great served over a warm cinnamon roll!
p.s. I think 1 bottle of wine would do, the resulting flavor would just not be as intense.
Watch the How-to Video: